The goal of Health and Safety Programs is to clearly define standards, assign responsibilities and provide a framework for compliance with legislative requirements, and in the creation of a safe workplace. Health and Safety Programs allow companies to meet their due diligence requirements under Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
Components of Health and Safety Programs include, but are not limited to:
- Management Commitment
- Hazard Identification and Assessment
- Hazard Control
- Worker Competency and Training
- Emergency Response Planning
- Incident Investigation
- System Administration
Our team at Moeger Resources Ltd. offers your company a complete Health and Safety Program development service.
Why do workplaces need a health and safety policy or program?
Some examples include:
- To clearly demonstrate Management’s full commitment to their employee’s health and safety;
- To show employees that safety performance and business performance are compatible;
- To clearly state the company’s safety beliefs, principles, objectives, strategies and processes to build buy-in through all levels of the company;
- To clearly outline employer and employee accountability and responsibility for workplace health and safety;
- To comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- To prove due diligence has been taken when serious workplace accidents occur; and
- To set out safe work practices and procedures to be followed to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses.
No job too big or too small. Satisfaction Guaranteed!