The following elements are considered necessary components in a Health and Safety Program that is capable of achieving a Certificate of Recognition (COR), or Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR), through Alberta Human Services and WCB’s Partners in Injury Reduction program:
- Company Policy and Management Commitment
- Worker Qualifications, Orientation and Training
- Hazard Identification and Assessment
- Hazard Control
- Preventative Maintenance Protocols
- Substance Abuse Awareness
- Safe Job Procedures and Safe Work Practices
- Ongoing Inspections
- Emergency Response
- Incident Investigation
- Program Administration
Development will include:
- Initial Meetings for Reviewing and Inspecting the Facility
- Complete and Comprehensive Health and Safety Manual(s)
- Document Residency Binders
- New Hire Orientation Program
- Incident Reporting Procedures and Forms
- Employee and Supervisor Health and Safety Program Training
- Management Training
- Accident Investigation Training
- Safety Training and Skills Development Coordination
- Hazard Identification, Assessment and Control Procedures
- Management Review of Developed Process and Procedures
Moeger Resources Ltd has the experienced auditors required for proper inspection and assessment of Health and Safety Programs seeking SECOR/COR Certification.
We work with Management to identify areas needing improvement, program strengths, and goals. We provide an ability to listen carefully and understand the employer’s situations and environment. We discuss and propose sensible, realistic and attainable solutions to better service the company’s objectives, and its Health and Safety Program.
Are you COR Ready?
Need support in obtaining COR or SECOR Certification?
Our team will visit your worksites as often as needed to prepare your business and get your business on track to achieve COR/SECOR (Certificate of Recognition, Small Employer Certificate of Recognition Program) Certification.
This certification verifies that your workplace safety and health program meets Alberta Certifying Partner standards. COR/SECOR Certification is becoming increasingly important as it is often used as a pre-qualification or condition of contract across the province.
The services we can provide to get you on track for COR/SECOR Certification include:
- Inspection services and gap analysis of your business’s existing safety program to ensure alignment with the COR/SECOR process.
- Services to help your business create and implement a safety management program in line with the requirements of COR/SECOR.
- Mock audits prior to the actual COR/SECOR Audit or assistance with the internal Company Self-Audit process in preparation for the final Independent audit.
- Assistance in completing the required safety documentation as it relates to the audit.
- On-site training services for Management, supervisors and employees to prep them for the audit process.